Tuesday, January 15, 2013

{21 days: day 8}

Good morning friends!
I'm sipping on some decaf Almond Joy coffee thinking of you. 
Today I prayed for my friends and family that you would get to
experience God in a whole new way in 2013. I prayed for protection around families 
that I love and admire. I prayed that my thoughts would be a continuous dialogue with God so that I can speak, He can speak, I can listen. 
You see, the reason I chose this 21 day challenge is so that I could really listen. 

There is so much busyness all around that the words of God can be faintly heard. I am choosing to 
be still and listen.

Dear Heavenly Father,
Thank you for giving me this quiet time in the morning to read and pray and LISTEN. Listen to the rain and stillness that is in my very own kitchen table. Even in my kitchen, you come to meet me. Day after day after day. Thank you for always showing up in the form of birds chirping or rain falling. Thank you for your protection around my family. Give me strength to continue with no caffeine or carbonation, no red meat, no social media. I pray for your protection as I drive for several hours for work. Talk to you soon!

xoxo,
Leah

No comments: