Thursday, January 10, 2013

{21 days: 3&4}

Aren't you wondering how I'm doing with no coffee?? 
It is HARD! I've got headaches everyday and I'm holding my eyelids open by 3:30 pm. 
This is by far the hardest thing for me to give up! 
Have you ever given up coffee? Tell me about it! 

I don't miss Facebook much. It definitely gives me something to do when I'm waiting for an appt., but I just try and strike up a conversation with people or daydream. It's a nice change! 

Day 3 & 4 are combined because of the hustle and bustle the first day of school brings...I was at work late, met my parents for dinner and wanted to spend the last hours of the day talking with D. I am ok with skipping a day for family time :-)

I hope you listened to It is Well With My Soul yesterday. I love the story behind the author. It is a constant reminder for me to be O.K. with the lemons life throws at you. 

Today I prayed about the desires of my heart. What are the desires of my heart? 
To set my heart to be a studier, a learner. Memorize verses.
To set my heart to be a prayer. 
To set my heart to be giving and forgiving. 









Dear Heavenly Father, 
I want the desires of my heart to be full of you. Full of forgiveness, full of joy. I pray that the time spent away from social media, and spent talking with people face-to-face, those who see me, can see you. 
I pray that I have strength to continue studying your Word far past this 21 day challenge. Thank you for the life you've given me.




No comments: